Congratulations, Contest Champions!
At the District 36 Spring Conference on May 15-16, the District’s winners of the Evaluation and International Speech Contests were crowned. Congratulations to all, and to the other contestants who had also won their Club, Area, and Division contests to get this far. You all all winners in our eyes!
- Emily Nolte, Advance & Conquer
- Shruti Kabadi, Wiley
- Janice Strachan, Jim Whitney
INTERNATIONAL SPEECH CONTEST:
- Joey Jones, White Oak Evening
- Mark York, A.S.C.E.
- Sau Yang, B.M.D.
See the list of all Area and Division winners.
New District Officers Elected for 2015-2016
At the District Council Business Meeting on May 16, the District Council elected the following future District 36 leaders (for July 1, 2015, through June 30, 2016). Congratulations to all, and many thanks to the entire Nominations Committee, chaired by Barry Piatt, DTM, PDG.
- District Director (District Governor):
John Kinsman, DTM
- Program Quality Director (Lt Gov Educ/Training):
Arthur Sidney, DTM
- Club Growth Director (Lt Gov Marketing):
Ena Okah, DTM
- Division Directors (Division Governors):
- Division A: Philip Greene, ACB, ALB
- Division B: Sarah Colon, CC, ALB
- Division C: Arvind Venugopal, ACB, ALB
- Division D: Sybrenda Queen, ACS, ALB
- Division E: Danielle Derrick, ACS, ALB
- Division F: Fazludeen Fakrudeen, CC, ALB
- Division G: Douglas Kelly, ACB, ALB
Annual Evaluation Training Workshop
Begins April 22 in Greenbelt MD
February 20, 2015
N.T.L. Advanced Toastmasters is once again hosting an in-depth, 4-part Evaluation Training Workshop, starting in April. Registrations are now being accepted, but space is limited. NTL is known for its excellence in evaluations, and has produced several Evaluation Contest winners. Approximately 30 participants, from District 36 and other nearby Districts, have participated in this program over the last 4 years. The workshop will be held at Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Greenbelt, Maryland, on the evenings of April 22, May 13, May 27, and June 10. Registrants are encouraged to attend all four sessions in order to get the most out of the workshop. For more information, download the flyer, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rewards for Clubs and Members Announced!!!
February 6, 2015
District 36 has announced new incentives and rewards for members and clubs to strive for and achieve! For example, we will recognize first-time achievements (e.g., your first Competent Leader award) for individuals. And we will recognize clubs that gain members or are Distinguished. There also are rewards for new clubs. See all of the details here, and Start Planning Now to Succeed!
Supporting our District 36 Clubs in Achieving their Excellence
We plan to highlight our clubs in District 36 on the District website to showcase the strengths and unique characteristics of those featured clubs. The purpose is to promote our clubs and membership growth in our District. All of the articles for these clubs will be retained on the Supporting Clubs in Achieving their Excellence page under the Clubs tab. If you would like to submit your club for consideration, please send the proposed article to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com.
Some guidelines for submission are:
- Highlight what is unique about the club and what makes the club successful.
- Include the club name, location, time of meeting, website and DCP status, if appropriate.
- Do not mention individual toastmasters by name, except for a point of contact.
- Send a pdf flyer if you want that included.
Thank you for visiting our Website! Please send us your feedback to help improve the site to meet your needs.